Membership of ACA WA is available to Approved Providers of Education and Care Services (LDC, OSHC, 3 yr Kindys), people who are thinking of buying or building a service and suppliers to the sector.
ACA WA is a not for profit, member funded organisation, providing a fundamental link between members of the Association and the childcare industry.
Key activities include:
- Advocacy work to identify and resolve issues likely to impact on the sector
- Working with governments and other authorities on regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Critical advice and training for members.
- Liaison with suppliers to the sector
- Media commentary on issues and public education
ACA WA seeks to ensure that the industry’s interests in general and members’ interests in particular, are represented responsibly and that our activities and operations are presented to all stakeholders in a timely, professional and effective manner. ACA WA seeks to provide its members with access to valuable, reliable and quality resources via engagement with industry participants.
Members of the Association believe:-
•That all children deserve a safe and secure environment that challenges and stimulates and offers time for discovery and reflection and collaboration.
•That Parents have the right to feel confident that their children are being cared for in a safe and proactive environment that caters for individuality and different cultural backgrounds.
• That staff have the right to work in a centre of excellence which are committed to improving the conditions and public perception of child care workers and the industry.
•The community has the right to information and education about the benefits of quality child care for W.A. children.
•That it is our right to have a voice in the future direction of our industry