The Nintirri Centre
Outstanding opportunity to take the next step in your career. We are seeking an experienced early learning specialist with either strong leadership experience, or belief in their leadership skills and aptitude. You may already be working within a leadership role within the industry, or be ready to take that next step within a supportive environment.
Nintirri Centre Inc is a local (Tom Price based) not-for-profit organisation that strives to enrich lives and help communities thrive through honesty, inclusion and respect. Our focus areas include the Early Years Care and Education (EYCE) Service; Supporting Community, Individuals and Families; Community Health and Wellbeing; Family Violence Prevention Service; Social, Business and Economic Development; and, Arts, Culture and Tourism Development.
About the Role
As EYCE Director you will be responsible for the daily management of all aspects of the Little Gecko’s Childcare Centre (including After School Hours Care, School Readiness Programme and Vacation Care). The Director will lead the EYCE team and service in building effective partnerships, developing organisational culture and pedagogical and curricular development. All key responsibilities are based on the National Law and Regulations, the Principles, Practices and Outcomes detailed in the Early Years Learning Framework, Framework for School Aged Care and the National Quality Framework Areas, Standards and Elements.
To be considered for this role you will have:
• Relevant tertiary qualification with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience working in an equivalent role
• A Working with Children Check and Federal Police Clearance (essential)
• Certificate in: First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management
• A high level of verbal and written communication skills
• Initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision, as part of a team
• A high level of interpersonal skills for liaising at all levels
• Advanced written skills including a demonstrated ability to research information and write reports
• The ability to:
− Direct the planning and implementation of the EYCE Educational Program
− Lead the promotion of Health and Safety of all staff and children
− Lead the team to build positive relationships with all stakeholders
− Lead the effective administration and management of the EYCE strategy
About the package
• Competitive salary that will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate,
• 5 weeks’ annual leave,
• Salary sacrifice options
• Professional development opportunities
• Subsidised housing
• An annual airfare subsidy
Please provide a CV and cover letter indicating why you are interested in this leadership role.
To discuss the role please contact Hannah Thompson Hannah@priceconsulting.com.au or 0437 253 010
Applications close on the 16th of February 2018
One Tree Millars Well Children Service
One Tree Community Services is a not-for-profit organisation that supports community services and child care centres throughout Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Victoria. We believe that our organisation cannot provide quality services or grow faster than its ability to attract and retain the right people: individuals who focus on achieving excellence and delivering the very best results they are capable of.
About the position An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced Centre Director to lead a team of passionate educators at One Tree's largest children's service. Millars Well provides long day care for children up to five years, and an extensive out-of-school care program for children up to year six. Based in Karratha, this permanent full-time role is responsible for managing a large team of staff, ensuring compliance and building relationships between the service and the community to ensure excellent learning opportunities and the highest standard of education and care for the children who attend our centre. In addition to the support of an Operations Manager and centralised administration team, you'll have opportunities for personal and professional growth that come with being part of a national organisation. Housing, relocation and district allowances are also available for the successful candidate.
We will provide you with a professional coach and the opportunity to participate in a leadership and management program to assist your success.
- Supervise and direct a team of staff to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the childcare service comply with One Tree's policies and procedures, philosophy and code of ethics, as well as government regulations, legislation and the National Quality Standards.
- Lead by example to ensure that the work environment operates in accordance with One Tree's spirit (vision), purpose, values, philosophy and code of ethics.
- Actively create partnerships with families, staff and the community.
- Ensure that the workplace operates within OH&S requirements, risk is managed and our duty of care of children is strictly upheld.
Successful applicants will possess:
- Diploma in Children's Services or Bachelor ECT
- Demonstrated 3 years experience in a Director/Manager role for a large service
- Solid understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with parents, staff and community organisations.
- Valid Working with Children Check (or the ability to obtain).
- Medical certificate.
- Driver's licence.
- Housing allowance
- Relocation allowance
- District allowance
- Excellent salary package to be discussed at interview stage
Apply online to submit your application for this exciting opportunity.
One Tree is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace and Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Afterschool at St James
Our service is looking for a Qualified educator that is able to work in an afterschool site. It is a split shift and during school holidays would need to work full days. Our service is open from 6.30am to 6.30 pm. The educator would also need to be an SO. Experience in the NQF and current WA regulations in required. Our service provides professional development in areas that would add to the Educators knowledge and supports
One Tree Bernice McLeod Children's Service
One Tree Community Services is a not-for-profit organisation that supports community services and child care centres throughout Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Victoria. We believe that our organisation cannot provide quality services or grow faster than its ability to attract and retain the right people. One Tree exists to give children and families in rural and remote areas and those from disadvantaged backgrounds a fair go by committing to better services - better staff and to be a - better organisation.
We are currently recruiting for a Centre Director at our Bernice McLeod Children's Service:
About the position
• Leading and managing an early education and care service with the objective of supporting the service to exceed national quality standards.
• Human Resources: Leading people and manage human resources effectively and efficiently.
• Partnerships: Working with families, staff and the community to support an integrated service.
• Quality: Overseeing continuous improvement and positioning the service to get the best possible outcomes including rating as exceeding the National Quality Standards in Australia.
• Financial Management: Keeping the service on budget.
• Professional Development: Supporting the development of staff including workplace training and assessment of trainees.
• Risk Management: Managing risks within the service, ensuring compliance and all legislative and regulatory requirements are met. Ensuring the service adheres to organisational policies and procedures.
• Education and Care: Provide guidance and mentoring to staff in best practice working with children and be an advocate for children. In smaller services directors will be required to work with children directly as a part of the roster.
• Tertiary qualification or diploma qualification with five years management experience that would enable you to work in an approved early education and care service in Australia in accordance with Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority requirements.
• 5 years + experience managing staff.
• Willingness to live in rural and remote areas.
• Experience of working in or understanding of the Reggio Emilia inspired approach.
• Attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrative knowledge of use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to accurately interpret policies and procedures.
• Understanding and commitment to One Tree spirit, values and ethics.
• A valid Working with Children Card (or ability to obtain).
You must have unlimited work rights in Australia. To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the selection criteria along with an up to date resume. Candidates who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered. (No agency referrals please).
One Tree Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace and Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.